CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

CellarDoor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CellarDoor

... Sounds a lot like ShowerDoor.

My attempt at 912chan seems to be getting no where, would appreciate posts and more visits from you guys. Visit www.912-chan.co.cc or click on the banner below.
STOP POSTING ABOUT OTHERS' GRAMMAR AND/OR SPELLING. Instead, inform them of it personally via a private message, and there's no need to be too bloody cheeky about it. It's the major reason threads are derailed, and we need to stop it.

+3
Gast0r
PsychoNoodles
THE GANTA GUN
7 posters

A list of some sort

THE GANTA GUN
    THE GANTA GUN

A list of some sort Empty A list of some sort

Post by THE GANTA GUN Fri May 29, 2009 2:55 am

Manga in todays western society seems to be under rated. I can put this down to one reason Naruto. At the start of Naruto it is an average manga how ever from their on in it only gets worse. So me being the nice, giving person I am have decide to put a list up of the manga's believe people should read. Their is 4 main types of manga. The most common of the types is Shounen which is aimed at Boys between the ages of about 7-16. This type of manga will mainly focus on things like Martial Arts and sports. The second most common type of manga you may come across would be Shoujo this is aimed at Girls between the ages of about 7-16. This type of manga will mainly focus on the topics of relationships and love. The third most common would be Seinen This type of manga would be aimed at older men about the ages of 18+. These types of manga tend to focus on the same topics as Shounen but do so in a more mature manner. And lastly we have Josei which is aimed at older women of ages about 18+ they also like Shoujo tend to focus on relationships but do so in a mature manner. Anyway enough with this and on with the list.

1. To-Love Ru- this manga would come under the category of Shounen however it does deal with Relationships. Its mainly a comedy but it has been known to be very perverted in its portayal of its comedy. The story is all about a normal boy called Rito who has a crush on a girl in his class. However during his bathing time a naked girl some how ends up in the bath with him. However this is no normal naked girl as she is infact an alien. The story then continues with Rito (normally half naked) escapades with the Alien Girl. The art work of this manga is amazing this coulped with interesting characters, good story line and funny humor conspire to make this one of the best mangas out at the momment. 5/5

2. Deadman Wonderland- this manga is a Seinen. It is a super natural,sci fi,action and adventure. The story is all about Ganta Igarashi who was having a normal day in his class when all of a sudden a man in red comes through the window and kills everyone in his class except him. Due to him being the only one left alive the poor Ganta was sent to prison for the murder of his class. However this is where our story begins as Ganta is sent to Deadman Wonderland. Deadman Wonderland is not like a normal prison infact its more like a theme park where the general public may go and veiw for their pleasure prisoners fighting for the valuable CP which will help them stay alive. Deadman Wonderland is not a very well known manga so the translation of it is slow and not many chapters come out however this does not mean it is not good it is infact one of the best mangas I have read. It has very good art work along with interesting characters, dialogue and a fantastic story .My rating for this manga is 5/5

3.Toriko- this manga is a Shounen- It is a action/comedy. It is all about a man called Toriko during the "Gourmet Era" during this era food has become the most valuable thing on the planet and people are willing to pay a lot for it. This is where Toriko comes in as a sort of hunter for hire as he is capable of taking down the animals the other hunters can not. All the great hunters in this time have one thing in common, They all want to complete their perfect menu. These menus consist of the best food that they can find in the world. We first Toriko when he has been hired by a man to kill a giant crocodile and this is where the story begins. The main flaw of Toriko in my opinion is the story tends to drag on at certain points however with good art work, funny characters and a humerous story line its at least deserves a 4/5

Last edited by THE GANTA GUN on Fri May 29, 2009 3:54 am; edited 2 times in total
    PsychoNoodles
    PsychoNoodles

Location : Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, NZ

A list of some sort Empty Re: A list of some sort

Post by PsychoNoodles Fri May 29, 2009 2:57 am

Avatar: The last Airbender is pretty damn good judging from the few shows i've watched.
    THE GANTA GUN
    THE GANTA GUN

Post by THE GANTA GUN Sat May 30, 2009 1:29 am

Avatar aint a anime as its American made
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Post by Gast0r Sat May 30, 2009 3:14 am

Plus were discussing manga...
    PsychoNoodles
    PsychoNoodles

Location : Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, NZ

Post by PsychoNoodles Sat May 30, 2009 3:27 am

Well they call it anime, and there is a manga of it
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Location : Behind my computer, probably playing Portal or WoW.

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Sat May 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Firstly: FIX YOUR FUCKING GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION AND SPELLING. MY OCD DOES NOT APPROVE.
    Secondly: Even if an anime or manga was created in America, or the UK, or wherever else other than Japan - IT'S STILL ANIME OR MANGA. It doesn't have to be made in fucking Japan. If a manga book was made in the UK and it isn't read from the back of the book to the front like Japanese manga is, it's called "OEL Manga". Original English Language.

Also, your opening lines are absolutely stupid.
    "Manga in todays western society seems to be under rated. I can put this down to one reason Naruto. At the start of Naruto it is an average manga how ever from their on in it only gets worse."
    Firstly, it's unpunctuated and you don't make any points that make an ounce of sense. "I can put this down to one reason Naruto. At the start of Naruto it is an average manga how ever from their on in it only gets worse."
    YOU MAKE NO VALID POINTS AS TO WHY NARUTO IS BAD.
    I don't like Naruto much, and I don't need to write an essay to tell people I don't like it, but I could write more about why in a few words than you have in your opening paragraph.
    THE GANTA GUN
    THE GANTA GUN

Post by THE GANTA GUN Sat May 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Feldrid[Joeyy] wrote:Firstly: FIX YOUR FUCKING GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION AND SPELLING. MY OCD DOES NOT APPROVE.

Shit sorry did'nt know I was back in my english class
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Location : Behind my computer, probably playing Portal or WoW.

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Sat May 30, 2009 9:29 pm

You're not. You're in the internet. Which is way worse than your English class, which you most definitely fail at.
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Post by Johnny McL Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:50 am

FUCK YES, DEADMAN WONDERLAND, I CAME BLOOD.
    AnalJunk
    AnalJunk

Post by AnalJunk Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Cromartie High.

That is all.
    Andouis
    Andouis

Post by Andouis Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:53 am

I like To-love-Ru the best

but i also like naruto it's not THAT bad