CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

CellarDoor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CellarDoor

... Sounds a lot like ShowerDoor.

My attempt at 912chan seems to be getting no where, would appreciate posts and more visits from you guys. Visit www.912-chan.co.cc or click on the banner below.
STOP POSTING ABOUT OTHERS' GRAMMAR AND/OR SPELLING. Instead, inform them of it personally via a private message, and there's no need to be too bloody cheeky about it. It's the major reason threads are derailed, and we need to stop it.

4 posters

Why pay money for this?

Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Why pay money for this? Empty Why pay money for this?

Post by Gast0r Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 am

It annoys me that because Microsoft have established Windows as a computer in noobs minds, people are under the impression that there's no alternatives. They think that they need to pay money for this cause it's the only option. If you were to mention Linux to a winfag, they'd immediately claim it's too complicated to move to. "You need to use codes 'n' shit". "it's for computer fags".

This isn't true.

I use Ubuntu, a Linux distribution. It's a nice, basic OS with a plain setup that would be welcoming to the average Windows user. EVERYTHING is editable allowing you to customize it to your personal likings. It's already gaining massive commercial support from various companies such as Intel and Amazon. Unlike it's mainstream counterparts, Ubunutu (and just about all things Linux) is completely free and can be handed out to your mates so they can use it. Just about every application for it is free (thanks to open source licensing) and makes a good alternative to what your used to on Windows.

I could go on and on about how it's superior in every way, such as it having much lower requirements and different derivatives to suite your needs such as educations or media use but the point is, your getting a much better operating system for completely free.

http://www.ubuntu.com - If your interested then give it a look and download it and burn onto a disk or even request a pre-made disk. It can also be installed on Windows like the average application - see http://www.wubi.org

Heres to hoping you make the switch cat
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Location : Behind my computer, probably playing Portal or WoW.

Why pay money for this? Empty Re: Why pay money for this?

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 am

See, the reason I don't use Linux is because a lot of video games aren't compatible with Windows, and, basically, almost every computer comes with Windows.
    I think Linux is an absolutely great system, but I also like Windows because most programs and video games are compatible with Windows, and Linux, though having a great range of its own free content, just doesn't work with a lot of these, and I have a computer primarily for gaming.
    Besides, Windows isn't THAT bad. I mean, Vista might be a bit buggy at times, but generally it's alright.

EDIT~
    HOWEVER.
    I may install Ubuntu on my laptop ;o Might fix the problems I have with it. I just hope half my games work it it Suspect
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Post by Gast0r Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:58 pm

Don't you mean, a lot of games games aren't compatible with Linux?

It also has tonnes of it's own games including Enemy Territory. Wine (Windows Compatibility Layer for Linux) has really damn good support and some games work flawlessly on it e.g. WoW.

However yeah, windows has the best compatibility and thats very understandable. I guess I don't have a problem cause I'm not the most avid pc gamer.
    Forrow
    Forrow
    Admin

Post by Forrow Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Thats why im changing back to Windows. For the games. I like ubuntu but to be honest i always prefered windows.
    Gast0r
    Gast0r
    Admin

Post by Gast0r Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:00 am

Or. Instead of Counterstrike, you get the game for Linux that a lot of CS players move to. Can't remember the name Razz
    PsychoNoodles
    PsychoNoodles

Location : Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, NZ

Post by PsychoNoodles Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:33 am

Why even make these threads?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:18 pm