CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CellarDoor

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/9051/banneraqp.png

CellarDoor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CellarDoor

... Sounds a lot like ShowerDoor.

My attempt at 912chan seems to be getting no where, would appreciate posts and more visits from you guys. Visit www.912-chan.co.cc or click on the banner below.
STOP POSTING ABOUT OTHERS' GRAMMAR AND/OR SPELLING. Instead, inform them of it personally via a private message, and there's no need to be too bloody cheeky about it. It's the major reason threads are derailed, and we need to stop it.

5 posters

Halo 3 and why does everyone love it

THE GANTA GUN
    THE GANTA GUN

Halo 3 and why does everyone love it Empty Halo 3 and why does everyone love it

Post by THE GANTA GUN Thu May 28, 2009 8:25 pm

I have had many ideas for the reason this game is so popular, while putting aside the insults about American IQ standards the only decent reason i can come up with is the fact it was among the first FPS on the Xbox. Most people would argue that the Halo 3 multi player is the reason behind it's popularity however I was on the game not long ago and found the multi player was all just lag and some Americans talking about how you took their sniper rilfe when you currently only have a BR. After playing fallout 3 which is a far better game, then going on Halo 3 i find my self wondering why is this the most played game on the xbox at the momment
    Andouis
    Andouis

Halo 3 and why does everyone love it Empty Re: Halo 3 and why does everyone love it

Post by Andouis Fri May 29, 2009 1:39 am

C.O.D is a Far better game than halo Smile
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Halo 3 and why does everyone love it Empty Re: Halo 3 and why does everyone love it

Post by Johnny McL Fri May 29, 2009 2:02 am

The reason is simple.

Halo invented FPS.

It also invented the XBox.

Halo's only fault is inventing to much.
    PsychoNoodles
    PsychoNoodles

Location : Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, NZ

Post by PsychoNoodles Fri May 29, 2009 2:52 am

Hahah Ganta, You've clocked more than a hundred hours on Halo perhaps closer to 200 so surely you should know the answer to this??
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Feldrid[Joeyy]
    Admin

Location : Behind my computer, probably playing Portal or WoW.

Post by Feldrid[Joeyy] Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 am

PsychoNoodles wrote:Hahah Ganta, You've clocked more than a hundred hours on Halo perhaps closer to 200 so surely you should know the answer to this??

*Ahem* Halo THREE.

Recently everybody's been playing the latest games in their series instead of playing through each game, i.e Halo 3, Call of Duty 4/5, Guitar Hero 3, Gears of War 2 etc.
    I've played every game leading up to any game I have from a series :/

The reason Halo is so popular is because IT'S AWESOME.
    Halo DID invent the standard of FPS games today. When any company is making a new FPS, they're trying to make it as awesome and successful as Halo.
    The reason I like Halo is because I was a well known player back in Halo 1, absolutely loved it. Leading up to the release of Halo 2, I was on one of the most well known clans and I found it a challenging FPS, for once.
    The problem with games like Call of Duty is that you can KILL PEOPLE WITH ONE SHOT.
    Halo is for people who can aim at someone for more than 5 seconds. I like challenges. Halo challenges me. I like Halo.
    Andouis
    Andouis

Post by Andouis Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:45 am

NO halo 3 did not invent a new standard for fps halo 1 was good halo 2 is the worst in the series and halo 3's ONLY redeeming feature is the on-line which get very boring after a while it is in no way a Grate game it is average run of the mill Boiler plate a competent shooter it's only remarkable feature being the degree that its shoved up its own arse
    Johnny McL
    Johnny McL
    Admin

Post by Johnny McL Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:03 am

Halo 2 was a pretty good game.
    It explored the Covenant's side of things in a really interesting way, had some pretty nice environments and characters, and it progressed through the story in a good way... At least for the better part of the game. Shit sort of hit the fan near the end.

Halo 3 was the worst in the series.

The original Halo was the best of the three.

None of them are by any means bad games, they're actually pretty good, fun, shooters with a half-decent story and some nicely executed, if a little generic, gameplay. In my opinion, the best aspect of the original Halo was the enemies' AI, and that's what set it apart from most shooters in my mind at the time. It was one of the first, if not the first, I'd played where the enemies didn't just get tougher as the difficulty was increased, but they actually altered their tactics, reactions and formation based on the difficulty selected.

But still, none of them are magnificent games either. They receive far too much praise for what they do get right, and little criticism for what they get wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content